Role: Account Director
Employer: Boster Group Ltd
Salary: Commensurate with experience + benefits + discretionary bonus
Position: Full Time
Please send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Founded in 2001, Boster Group is one of the world’s leading independent consultancies specialising in the development of innovative partnerships between global corporations, cultural institutions and social impact foundations. Through award-winning, bespoke partnerships spanning social justice, health and wellbeing, sustainability, thought leadership, client engagement, and the creative sector, Boster Group has overseen the transfer of more than $75 million to cultural and social impact partners and delivered measurable results to its clients around the world.
For over 20 years, Boster Group has been a trusted advisor to a number of Fortune 500 companies, leveraging its knowledge, expertise and global network to deliver clients’ business and social impact goals. Boster Group shapes partnerships on the basis of shared values, untapped assets and complementary capabilities. Distinctly, Boster Group measures return on investment for its clients and is focused on the impact of the creative campaigns it develops.
Current and recent clients include J.P. Morgan, Moët Hennessy, Goldman Sachs, EY, AMEX, BNP Paribas, Diageo, Deutsche Bank, FACEBOOK, Gap Inc., Insight Investment, HSBC, Bacardi, Montblanc, State Street and Disney. You can find examples of some of our recent projects on our LinkedIn.
We are a boutique firm; everyone at Boster Group is passionate and knowledgeable about social impact – whether that is through education, arts and culture or any one of the thousands of organisations creating positive change.
We are a friendly and hard-working team with an open and collaborative company culture. Furthermore, we are non-hierarchical – even our most recent hires are directly meeting, pitching to and interviewing some of the most senior executives in financial and professional services, luxury, retail and government. To support this, we foster a supportive and nurturing work environment with annual training budgets that allow our employees to continue their personal and professional development.
We regularly enjoy cultural performances and events, team activities and opportunities to travel according to client needs – in recent years we have worked in cities including San Francisco, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Venice, Zurich, Paris and New York.
We are seeking an experienced and confident professional for a senior-level role within the company. You would be overseeing and collaborating across all our major client accounts, leading the identification, negotiation, activation and analysis of strategic partnerships for some of the world’s biggest companies and most prestigious brands. In addition to this, we embrace team members that take initiative in managing internal functions and projects according to their strengths, including business development, thought leadership, recruitment and training, marketing, growth strategies and more.
- Develop and manage the creation and execution of bespoke partnership strategies from content to implementation and measurement of success; typically, these strategies are designed to meet business objectives around environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies, marketing, client engagement, revenue generation and/or product development
- Oversee and manage Boster Group’s business development process: researching, initiating and developing prospective client relationships; writing proposals and pitching; negotiating contracts; creating client presentations and writing end-of-project reports
- Nurture client relationships on a day-to-day basis, ensuring time-sensitive delivery of services
- Manage both client and internal projects in close collaboration with the rest of the Boster Group team, combining thorough research and analysis with creative ideation and interpretation to provide actionable, strategic recommendations and superior execution in all work
- In close partnership with the CEO, assist in the management of the company’s extended network of key relationships, closely managing all day-to-day elements of client accounts
- Manage prospective partners, freelancers and other external third parties to service clients
- Support the CEO and work alongside the account team on every stage of project lifecycle
- Represent the company as required at industry events
- Pursue business and relationship development opportunities through events outside of office hours, and travel in the UK and abroad
Required Background and Experience
- Strong professional experience with a specialisation in marketing, business development, partnerships and / or consulting. We would consider a variety of backgrounds but a passion for and knowledge of social impact is essential
- Experience of building campaigns, from initial ideas and development through to execution and measurement
- Strong analytical and measurement skills
- Demonstrable experience of budget management
- Education at degree level is essential and a post-graduate degree or qualification is an advantage
Personal Skills and Characteristics
- An entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to hit the ground running
- Presentable and always professional
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills and motivated by the challenge of tackling regional, national and global issues through cross-sector partnerships
- Ability to engage confidently and positively with clients and partners
- Extensive social and interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Driven, dynamic and creative
- An experienced people and project manager with the ability to balance short-term deliverables with long-term objectives for both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain the utmost sensitivity and discretion when working with clients
- An enthusiastic lifelong learner who actively cultivates new experiences, enjoys personal development and stays at the forefront of conversations in the social impact and business worlds
- Comfortable working as part of a boutique firm in a fast-paced environment
- Warm, fun and charismatic personality with a strong team spirit